The packaging industry is a multi-billion-dollar industry. Packaging materials such as paper, cardboard, and plastic are used to protect products from damage during shipping and storage while also providing information about the product inside. Packages can be designed in many different ways, but one of the most popular designs is called “soapbox.” The soapbox design consists of a top flap (called an “end panel”) that slides under the bottom flap (called a “continuous panel” or “deckle”). This type of package design requires special attention to detail when designing custom soap boxes with kraft stock because it must meet certain standards.
When running a business, it’s important to find ways to stand out from the competition. One way is by designing custom packaging for your products to make them look like they are worth more than what you paid for them. This blog post will teach you how to design your soapboxes with kraft stock and be ready to sell them at an affordable price.
How to Design Custom Packaging for Soap Boxes with Kraft Stock
You need to follow certain steps to design custom packaging for soapboxes with kraft stock.
First, you will need some foam board. These are available at craft stores like Michael’s or Joann’s – look on the woodworking aisle (they should be around $0.75 per sheet). You’ll also want a pair of scissors and something sharp like an Exacto knife or utility knife (a box cutter is what they’re called) to cut it with…
You can find more information about designing steps for custom packaging here:
Customizing your soapbox design is a fun way to add some personality and creativity to your product.
Using the foam board, you can create any number of shapes or sizes that will hold one bar of soap each. Then, add color by painting it with spray paint – I recommend silver or gold metallic if you want something more elegant (it’s also available at craft stores). If you want multiple colors, use colored sharpies instead… You don’t have to stop there, though! Painting on designs is another option too! Search online for inspiration pictures and get creative with whatever mediums work best for what you’re going for. The possibilities are endless. Don’t forget about using rhin, either. They make beautiful decorations for soapboxes, too.
Why Kraft Stock is Best for Custom Soap Packaging
Kraft stock is a paper material that has an unfinished look and feels, with visible fibers. It’s also available in different colors (but we’ll be using white for this tutorial). Kraft stock looks like the inside of packaging boxes, making it perfect for custom soap box packaging.
Why choose kraft over other types of materials?
– Safety: no ink chemicals or smells – Eco friendly: made from 100% recycled products – Durable: thicker than regular paper means less likely to tear during shipment or delivery.
– Water-resistant: can handle some water splashing around without getting damaged *kraft is not waterproof* however, kraft does not absorb liquids, so if you do get it on your package, it will just sit on top of the kraft layer.
– Designer friendly: print white so you can design packaging to fit your product; colors will not show through.
Use kraft stock as kraft box packaging for handmade items. It’s a great material because it looks like an actual package, and most people are familiar with seeing this type of material when they receive something in the mail or at their doorstep. You’ll want to use smooth side up (not corrugated) when printing labels onto kraft paper. If you choose to go with corrugated, make sure there aren’t any gaps between each piece where ink could get stuck inside, causing smears and smudges. If you want to write a message on the bottom of your box, use the marker and not ink because it won’t smear or bleed through! The best part about kraft stock is that they are usually brown in color, so if you need custom soap box packaging for handmade items, choose kraft paper as your material. It will fit any product look great with just about any design. And most importantly, when using this type of material, no one can see what’s inside until they open it up, adding an extra element of surprise when receiving something in the mail.
– Cost-effective: often cheaper than other types of materials – Smooth side up printing (Don’t go corrugated) – Use markers only, not ink which might cause bleeding – Easy to cut and fold
– Eco-friendly: 100% recyclable, made from post-consumer waste. This means it’s already been used before, which makes you feel even better about what you’re creating.
– It holds up well as the material is strong but lightweight as compared to other materials that can be heavy or bulky for shipping purposes. As a result of its strength, kraft paper takes longer to break down in landfills where other types of paper would decompose much more quickly if they were able to do so at all.
Kraft stock has a lot going for it, especially when designing custom soap boxes packaging. This type of material makes your handmade items look great and stand out among everyone else’s hand-crafted items.
Suppose you are selling your soapboxes online. In that case, they make a great option for putting around the item to protect it from any damages that may occur during transit due to its strength and durability and keep the handmade box intact when being shipped out of your home studio.
– Another reason why kraft paper is such a popular choice, especially with people who sell their products on Etsy or eBay comes from its ability to be written upon by using markers or paint pens which creates an attractive look but still allowing others to read what is printed onto the material without having too much contrast where either word would not be visible at all because they were invisible against the dark brown color. This type of custom packaging also makes labeling easy, whether someone was labeling each box or if they were just writing down the information for one.
– One of the main reasons why kraft paper is such a popular choice, especially with people who sell their products on Etsy, eBay, Amazon, and other online marketplaces, comes from its ability to be written upon by using markers or paint pens which creates an attractive look but still allowing others to read what is printed onto the material without having too much contrast where either word would not be visible at all because they were invisible against the dark brown color. This type of custom packaging also makes labeling easy, whether someone was labeling each box or just writing down the information for one.